What is TMS?
What is TMS?
TMS is a FDA approved non-invasive, non-drug therapy that utilizes MRI strength electro-magnetic pulses to stimulate areas of the brain the have been affected by depression.
- Unlike traditional drug therapy, TMS is non-systemic, and only attends the area of the body in need of healing.
- TMS Treatment is done in 40 minute sessions 5 days a week, Monday through Friday for 6-8 weeks.
- Sessions require no anesthesia, and patient can resume normal daily activities directly following treatment.
- Some patients may feel slight discomfort at treatment site during and following treatment.
- TMS therapy has been shown to be very effective even in patients who have failed multiple trials of medication and therapy.
- In research trials TMS has proven to relieve symptoms in 60-80% of patients with Major Depressive Disorder.
Why Choose TMS Health and Wellness?
At TMS Health and Wellness we have an over 90% success rate in the reduction of symptoms of depression. Our methods enhance standard care by augmenting TMS Therapy with the application of meditation, self-compassion exercises and other beneficial modalities.
Led by Harvard trained, TMS Specialist Dr. Claudia Eppele, TMS Health and Wellness offers elite TMS services. As an early adopter of this cutting edge treatment Dr. Eppele and her staff are seasoned TMS experts fully dedicated to the well being of their patients.